"This recipe was one I originally used for lamb shanks," writes Enid Karp from Encinitas, California. "I decided it just might work for turkey, too-and I was right! The meat turns out tender, juicy and very flavorful every time."
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 turkey thighs (3/4 pound each)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, onion, salt, pepper, celery seed, coriander and ginger; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in a greased shallow baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Turkey Thighs in Country Woman November/December 2002, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Marinated Turkey Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review