Marinated Turkey for Two
FOR YEARS, I've been exchanging recipes by correspondence with friends. A dear friend in North Carolina shared this one.
What's best about this recipe is that you can enjoy wonderful turkey flavor without preparing a whole bird. —Rachel Wellborne
Jacksonville, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash garlic powder
- Place the turkey in a shallow glass dish. Combine remaining
- ingredients; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour the remaining marinade over turkey. Cover and refrigerate 4
- hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in an ungreased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over turkey. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-30 minutes
- longer or until no longer pink, basting twice. Slice and serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer