- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 7 pounds fresh turkey parts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, optional
- Salt and pepper, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place turkey in a large heavy-duty plastic bag; add half of marinade. Close the bag; refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey; arrange turkey in a single layer in large shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, basting occasionally if desired. Remove turkey to serving platter and keep warm.
- If desired, make gravy: Strain pan juices into a large measuring cup. Skim fat and reserve 1/4 cup in a medium saucepan; discard remaining fat. Blend flour into saucepan. Add water to pan juices to make 2 cups. Add to saucepan; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with turkey. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Turkey
"I have made traditional turkey in the past and this was by far the BEST we've ever tasted! Everyone loved it! I used a whole 14 lb store bought turkey, doubled the marinade recipe and cooked it in an oven bag. Couldn't have been easier!"
"this will be the 3rd Thanksgiving in a row i have made this the first time i made it my family rant and raved and said from now on i do the turkey every year!"