Marinated Tomato Salad
I purchased this recipe at our church auction from the minister's wife. It was worth the price, since it's the talk of the meal, no matter what I serve with it!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 5 to 6 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large shallow dish, layer the tomatoes and mushrooms. In a bowl,
- whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley and salt. Pour over
- vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning
- occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 207 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.