Marinated Three-Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, onion, celery and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; gently stir into bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Three-Bean Salad
"This is a great summer dish to bring to potluck dinners. It's refreshing and light and full of color. My family loves it and asks for more."