- on a rack in a large roaster. Bake, uncovered, 3 to 3-1/2 hours or
- until thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Baste frequently
- with reserved marinade. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly
- with a tent of aluminum foil. Remove turkey from oven; tent with
- foil. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and
- thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 9 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without gravy) equals 407 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 67 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer