Warm days are the perfect time to get out the grill. And this tender grilled steak and marinade of teriyaki, ginger and orange from Sandi Poznanski of St. Howard Beach, New York makes a refreshing main course.
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer 3/4 cup marinade to a large resealable plastic bag; add garlic and sesame oil. Score surface of flank steak, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; slice across the grain. Heat remaining marinade; serve over beef. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Flank Steak in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p56
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Teriyaki Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review