- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer 3/4 cup marinade to a large resealable plastic bag; add garlic and sesame oil. Score surface of flank steak, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; slice across the grain. Heat remaining marinade; serve over beef. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Flank Steak in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p56
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Teriyaki Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review