Marinated Tenderloin Fondue
When I was a kid in the 1970's, Mom made fondue a lot. She served this meaty version every New Year's Day. Now I carry on that fun tradition with my own family.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound each pork and beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into two large
- resealable plastic bags; add pork to one bag and beef to the other.
- Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning
- occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Pat meat dry with paper
- towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to
- cook meat in oil until pork juices run clear and beef reaches
- desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now