Marinated Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
My dad, Carter, has been growing sweet potatoes for 20 years. My brother, P.K., and I have been partners in the operation for the last 2. This recipe, from our mom, Bettye, and our wives, Stephanie and Mary, is a terrrific way to serve our favorite vegetable.—Edmondson Farms, Tim Jack Edmondson, Vardaman, Mississippi
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-23 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the next nine ingredients; shake well.
- 3. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, slice potato halves into 1/4-in. slices. Add the onion and green pepper. Shake dressing; drizzle over potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 14-16 servings.
3/4 cup: 129 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Sweet Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC