Marinated Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Starting along one long side, cut a horizontal slit through the steak to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soy sauce, oil, molasses, mustard, ginger and garlic; set aside 1/4 cup. Pour remaining marinade over meat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the rice, carrot, water chestnuts, onions and reserved marinade. Stuff into steak. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- 3. Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Brush again with pan drippings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 pound: 473 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1914mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Marinated Stuffed Flank Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.