- poblanos, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until tender. Grill jalapenos 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- crisp-tender. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on
- each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Let steaks stand 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers into strips; coarsely chop onion. Thinly slice steaks
- across the grain. Serve vegetables and beef on tortillas; top with
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fajita equals 375 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.