Marinated Spiedis Recipe
Marinating the tenderloin overnight makes it moist and flavorful. Plus, this recipe is easy on the cook. Just broil or grill when you're ready and serve dinner in a matter of minutes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 hot dog buns, split and buttered
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is tender, turning frequently. Wrap a bun around meat and pull off the skewer. Repeat. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC