Marinated Spiedis Recipe
Marinating the tenderloin overnight makes it moist and flavorful. Plus, this recipe is easy on the cook. Just broil or grill when you're ready and serve dinner in a matter of minutes.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 hot dog buns, split and buttered
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is tender, turning frequently. Wrap a bun around meat and pull off the skewer. Repeat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Spiedis in Country Pork 1996, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marinated Spiedis(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review