- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 hot dog buns, split and buttered
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is tender, turning frequently. Wrap a bun around meat and pull off the skewer. Repeat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Spiedis in Country Pork 1996, p22
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Marinated Spiedis
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review