Marinated Slaw Recipe
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pimientos, green pepper and onion; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Marinated Slaw
"i made it for work christmas potluck and printing the recipe for my fellow workers now!"
"I've prepared this recipe many times and it's always a hit. Thanks"