Marinated Slaw Recipe
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pimientos, green pepper and onion; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Marinated Slaw
"i made it for work christmas potluck and printing the recipe for my fellow workers now!"
"I've prepared this recipe many times and it's always a hit. Thanks"