This is a delectable dish that looks as good as it tastes. Mother usually saved this recipe for special occasions, but when she did make it, we sure enjoyed it. The best part is the mouthwatering dressing that even tempted us while it cooked.—Mary McGuire, Graham, North Carolina
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pimientos, green pepper and onion; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Slaw in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p35
Reviews for Marinated Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review