Marinated Sirloin Steaks Recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a blender, combine the honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper; cover and process until blended. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steaks and onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Sirloin Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.