- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a blender, combine the honey, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic and pepper; cover and process until blended. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steaks and onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain the steaks and discard their marinade. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMarinated Sirloin Steaks
"On one hand I didn't like it, on the other I see its potential... I didn't BBQ it on a grill, rather cooked it in the oven I'm wondering if that made a difference. It is very sweet.. might be good for a kid that is a picky eater!"
"Very sweet and tender. I marinated it for about 6 hours and it was great."
"Whatever happened to eating a good steak for what it is?"
"I am always on the lookout for a good marinade recipe. Thanks for this one. I will have to try it soon."