Marinated Sirloin Steak
I once knew a nun who cooked the best marinated steaks. I found this recipe in my quest to fix steaks as good as hers. This delicious versatile meat makes a special holiday main dish or a super camping supper.
-Karen Mattern, Spokane, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over the meat. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat; discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for
- 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet