My husband's aunt shared this recipe with me more than 20 years ago. Not only is it a Christmas Eve tradition in my home, but in the homes of our grown children as well. Delores Hill, Helena, Montana
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and bay
- leaves. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Pour shrimp and marinade into a large deep skillet. Add wine or
- broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaves. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 465 calories, 37 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as