My husband's aunt shared this recipe with me more than 20 years ago. Not only is it a Christmas Eve tradition in my home, but in the homes of our grown children as well. —Delores Hill, Helena, Montana
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano and bay leaves. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Pour shrimp and marinade into a large deep skillet. Add wine or broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a serving dish. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Shrimp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marinated Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review