- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small pickled jalapeno pepper, rinsed, seeded, cut in strips
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and rubbed with lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper; set aside. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir shrimp, half the onion slices and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove onion and garlic with slotted spoon; discard. Add shrimp and remaining oil to vinegar mixture, along with jalapeno pepper and remaining sliced onion. Cover; stir occasionally. Chill overnight.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture into avocado halves. Sprinkle with tomato; drizzle with some of marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Shrimp in Avocado Halves in Country June/July 1990, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Shrimp in Avocado Halves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review