Marinated Shrimp and Olives Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Combine shrimp and olives in a 2-qt. dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Combine the curry, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 each: 71 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Marinated Shrimp and Olives
"Who'd have thought??? We are neither fans of curry nor ginger but this was a huge hit at our Christmas Eve Day buffet. And the next day it was even better so next time I will make it well ahead of serving."