This is my favorite appetizer to serve party guests. The flavors in this colorful dish blend beautifully, and the shrimp are tender and tasty.—Carol Gawronski, Lake Wales, Florida
Recommended: 25 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Combine shrimp and olives in a 2-qt. dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Combine the curry, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Shrimp and Olives in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p36
Reviews for Marinated Shrimp and Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
"Who'd have thought??? We are neither fans of curry nor ginger but this was a huge hit at our Christmas Eve Day buffet. And the next day it was even better so next time I will make it well ahead of serving."