- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Combine shrimp and olives in a 2-qt. dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Combine the curry, ginger, salt and pepper; whisk into hot oil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and parsley. Immediately drizzle over shrimp mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Shrimp and Olives in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p36
Reviews for Marinated Shrimp and Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2011
Who'd have thought??? We are neither fans of curry nor ginger but this was a huge hit at our Christmas Eve Day buffet. And the next day it was even better so next time I will make it well ahead of serving.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >