Marinated Sausage Kabobs
These flavorful and colorful appetizers are so fun they'll be the talk of the party. And they're so easy: Simply assemble the day before and forget about them! Joanne Boone - Danville, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 4 ounces hard salami, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first five ingredients;
- add remaining ingredients. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at
- least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- For each kabob, thread one piece each of cheese, olive, salami and
- pepper onto a toothpick. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 69 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.