- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 4 ounces hard salami, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first five ingredients; add remaining ingredients. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- For each kabob, thread one piece each of cheese, olive, salami and pepper onto a toothpick. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Marinated Sausage Kabobs
"I doubled the amount of the marinade as the original amount didn't seem to be quite enough, and that worked well. My New Year's Eve guests loved the presentation and raved about the flavors. Toothpicks are not quite long enough, so I used the short bamboo skewers. Wonderful. I will make these again."
"My mother makes these all the time. Very quick to make and tasty. They disappear fast."
"Loved the marinade flavor, especially on the cheese. Served antipasto style rather than skewered as kabobs."
"What's not to like? These are simple yet packed with flavor. Present nicely. Easy to eat (I used frill picks bought at my local party supply). Plastic bag for marinating so nothing to wash but the tray I served them on. You can alter this so easily to suit your own tastes and still get wows!!! Thank you for a great recipe!!!"
"I made these for a Christmas party and they were a big hit. They are also easy to make."