Marinated Rosemary Pork Chops
"I like to grill these chops in summer," notes field editor Lisa Morman of Minot, North Dakota. "When I'm entertaining, I often serve them with Parmesan-roasted potatoes and candied carrots."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, water,
- brown sugar and rosemary; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place the chops in a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 281 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.