Marinated Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1. In a measuring cup, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and rosemary. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 3. Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 6 minutes, rotating once.
- 4. Immediately place chicken over drip pan and grill covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked chicken) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.