I fix this potato salad when we're entertaining at home or to take to picnics and potluck suppers. I get lots of compliments and recipe requests from family and friends.—Ethel Selway, Middletown, Delaware
Recommended: Our Favorite 4th of July Party Recipes
- 12 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar, divided
- 4-1/4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, salt and paprika; shake well. Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the celery, onions and radishes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir in green peppers and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, pepper and remaining vinegar and sugar. Pour over potato salad and toss to coat. Yield: 28-32 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2002 , p54
Reviews for Marinated Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review