- 1 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons cold water
- In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut roast in half; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast and marinade in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard whole cloves
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in 1-1/2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marinated Pot Roast
Sort By :
This recipe was very easy and very good! Loved the gravy and will definitely make again
This was delish and so very easy. I loved the gravey and 2 tablespoons was plenty...Thank you Marijane for sharing...