- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fennel fronds, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place fennel in a large bowl; drizzle with 4-1/2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, drain and discard marinade. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown pork in remaining oil on all sides. Place skillet in oven; bake pork for 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with roasted fennel. Garnish with fennel fronds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Pork with Caramelized Fennel in Country Woman June/July 2010, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Marinated Pork with Caramelized Fennel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review