Marinated Pork Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, honey and brown sugar. Brush half over the meat. Bake 15 minutes longer. Brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork equals 227 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Marinated Pork Roast
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.