Marinated Pork Loin Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider viengar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Place 2/3 cup marinade in a bowl for basting; cover and chill. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut pork into five slices, about 1 in. each; add to bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, brushing with reserved marinade occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 slice) equals 310 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.