Marinated Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except pork. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Place roast in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Prick surface of roast with a fork; pour sauce over roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Marinated Pork Loin Roast
"This is a great recipe. full of flavor and it was very tender. I marinated it for 24 hours and cooked it four hours. The last two were only at 250 F. I did not have maple syrup so I subbed honey. Everyone thought it was the best ever. I had a 4 1/2 pound roast and 6 people cleaned it up. I bought a half of a pork roast FOR 1.89/LB WITH VERY LITTLE FAT! A Very cheap and tasty meal, cheaper than Hamburg and still lean."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.