Marinated Pork Kabobs
This recipe was originally for lamb, but I adapted it to pork and adjusted the spices. After tasting these flavorful kabobs, my husband became an instant fan of this recipe. It's always requested when the grill comes out for the season.
-Bobbie Jo Mller, Fallon, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 8 small white onions, halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, lemon juice,
- garlic, cumin and coriander; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Alternate the pork, onions, tomatoes and peppers on eight metal or
- soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about
- 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt) equals 299 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.