Marinated Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 8 small white onions, halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Alternate the pork, onions, tomatoes and peppers on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat yogurt) equals 299 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Marinated Pork Kabobs
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.