- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ostrich or beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Add meat to marinade and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Broil or grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn and cook 6-8 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; and well done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Ostrich Steak in Country December/January 1998, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Marinated Ostrich Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review