Marinated Oranges Recipe
This flavorful fruit was actually the topping in a cake recipe. But I didn't want all the calories or fat from the cake—and the oranges are a good dessert all by themselves! The dash of vanilla extract brings out the fruit's sweetness. —Carol Poindexter, Norridge, Illinois
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (1 medium orange)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (1 small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- Vanilla yogurt, optional
- Grated lime peel, optional
- 1. Combine first six ingredients; pour over oranges. Cover; refrigerate 2-3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, top with vanilla yogurt and grated lime peel. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 86 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Marinated Oranges
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC