Marinated Oranges Recipe
- 4 medium orange, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla yogurt, optional
- 1. Place the orange slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a bowl, combine the orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, peels and vanilla; pour over the oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 2. Serve with a slotted spoon. Top with vanilla yogurt if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup fruit, calculated without yogurt) equals 88 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.