Marinated Orange Roughy Recipe
"This recipefrom a seafood cookbook my husband bought me before we were marriedis a longtime favorite," writes Robin Guth of Endicott, New York. "I have literally won out the page it's printed on." The citrus-flavored fillets are broiled to a golden brown...then topped with toasted sesame seeds for a fun crunch.
- 1-1/2 pounds orange roughy or other whitefish fillets
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut fillets into four pieces if necessary; set side. In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, ketchup, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add fillets. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place fillets on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Marinated Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >