Marinated Onion Salad Recipe
Everyone knows how sweet onions flavor all kinds of food. But in this recipe, they take center stage! This salad is a nice addition to any table.—Michelle Wrightsman, Linwood, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Separate onions into rings and place in a large bowl; pour water over onions. Let stand 1 minute; drain. Add cucumbers.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and dill if desired; mix well. Pour over onion mixture; toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 25 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC