- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 1 package (10 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained and chopped
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Cut cream cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half into 1/4-in. slices. On a serving plate, arrange cheeses upright in a ring, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices. Place olives in center.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, parsley, basil and garlic until blended; drizzle over cheeses and olives. Sprinkle with pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring
Sort By :
"I made this for a New Year's party, it was a hit! The olives are perfectly flavored to accompany the cheese. It was a great nibble appetizer!"
"This is a great appetizer! So pretty and soooo delicious! I love it at Christmas because of the colors, but I've started making it year round. Everyone who's tried it has loved it. I've made it with mild white cheddar and it was good, too. I've also started slicing the olives. They stay on the bread better that way. Still looks pretty. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Patricia."
"The balsamic vinaigrette-cream cheese combo made me a little skeptical at first, but oh my goodness. It's one of my new go-to potluck apps. Just make sure to tote the ingredients in sealed containers, then plate it up when you get to the party. It's pretty tedious to carry around pre-assembled."
"This was the easiest appetizer I made during the holidays. I will definitely serve it again. I followed some suggestions and substituted the cheese selections. I used bocconcini and gruyere. I also added some artichoke hearts as suggested. I may follow another suggestion and add feta next time."
"I made this for a Christmas dinner buffet and it was delicious! I preferred the cream cheese to the white cheddar, but both were very good. I am going to use the leftovers as a topping for some broiled chicken that's on the menu tonight!"