Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cold cream cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained and chopped
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Cut cream cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half into 1/4-in. slices. On a serving plate, arrange cheeses upright in a ring, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices. Place olives in center.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, parsley, basil and garlic until blended; drizzle over cheeses and olives. Sprinkle with pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring
Sort By :
I just made this for an end of semester party we held for faculty and students. It was a huge hit.
I just made this for Christmas day and we found it to be really flavorful and festive looking as well! I will make this again and again.
This was okay, but I won't make it again. The cream cheese did not stand up with the other cheese. The olive oil mixture was nice on the olives, so I will use a combination of this part again.
This was amazing. I also used Munster cheese. It has great versatility. I even made a vegan version of it for my friend whom we were visiting and she loved it. I just substituted vegan cheeses and kept the rest the same. Will definatly do again. Kids even liked it.
This was very good! I forgot to pick up pimentos but had a jar of roasted red peppers I used instead, I also threw some artichoke hearts in the mix! It looked soo pretty and the colors are great for a holiday tray! I will definitely make again and I may even add feta cheese next time! Great recipe and the flavors complement each other nicely!