- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cold
- 1 package (10 ounces) sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained and chopped
- Toasted French bread baguette slices
- Cut cream cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half into 1/4-in. slices. On a serving plate, arrange cheeses upright in a ring, alternating cheddar and cream cheese slices. Place olives in center.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, parsley, basil and garlic until blended; drizzle over cheeses and olives. Sprinkle with pimientos. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Olive & Cheese Ring
"My husband absolutely loves marinated olives and can practically make a meal out of them. This was a no brainer to make. I read the other reviews and used regular cream cheese as recommended. I used rosemary olive oil bread because that is what I had on hand. It was a HUGE hit with him and his mother."
"Fabulous. Made 3 times during the Holiday at repeated requests. You MUST use full fat cream cheese for the slices to hold shape. I didn't want to fool with basil, garlic and parsley and I had basil pesto on hand so I just used it. I also added a ring of pepperoni around the outside of ring. I did use pimentos and I only used black and regular green olives. The artichoke someone suggested would have been great. Served this with sea salt pita chips. As you can tell with multiple requests for a repeat it was a hit each time!"
"I made this for a New Year's party, it was a hit! The olives are perfectly flavored to accompany the cheese. It was a great nibble appetizer!"
"This is a great appetizer! So pretty and soooo delicious! I love it at Christmas because of the colors, but I've started making it year round. Everyone who's tried it has loved it. I've made it with mild white cheddar and it was good, too. I've also started slicing the olives. They stay on the bread better that way. Still looks pretty. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Patricia."
"The balsamic vinaigrette-cream cheese combo made me a little skeptical at first, but oh my goodness. It's one of my new go-to potluck apps. Just make sure to tote the ingredients in sealed containers, then plate it up when you get to the party. It's pretty tedious to carry around pre-assembled."