Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
Guests will never guess a dish so flavorful could take only 10 minutes of hands-on prep and no cooking! Great as a side dish or tempting tidbit on a relish tray, this versatile recipe is from Billie Moss in Walnut Creek, California.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups small fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1. Place the mushrooms in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over mushrooms and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 46 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC