Marinated Mushrooms and Cheese Recipe
From Mendota, Illinois, Kim Marie Van Rheenen shares a simple but scrumptious recipe with make-ahead convenience. “I like to serve these savory mushrooms alongside sliced baguettes and crackers,” Kim suggests. “They’re colorful and so versatile. You might like to vary the cheese or add olives, artichokes or a little basil.”
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and salt; add the tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Drain and discard marinade. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Marinated Mushrooms and Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC