Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
More Mushroom Salad Recipes »
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1. Place mushrooms and tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine the next five ingredients; drizzle over mushrooms and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring once.
- 2. Line a serving platter or bowl with spinach. Using a slotted spoon, arrange vegetables over spinach. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 18-20 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing and without onion salt and bacon) equals 20 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.