Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apricot nectar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add cheese cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, toss the romaine, tomatoes and cheese mixture in a large salad bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad
"Is this the correct picture for this recipe? It looks good."