Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad Recipe
Pam Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri shares her extra special salad made with mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and a flavorful homemade dressing from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apricot nectar.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apricot nectar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add cheese cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, toss the romaine, tomatoes and cheese mixture in a large salad bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 113 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC