Pam Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri shares her extra special salad made with mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and a flavorful homemade dressing from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apricot nectar.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, apricot nectar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil. Add cheese cubes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the romaine, tomatoes and cheese mixture in a large salad bowl. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad in Country Woman May/June 2006, p46
Reviews for Marinated Mozzarella Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"Is this the correct picture for this recipe? It looks good."