Marinated Mozzarella Cubes
Being from America's Dairyland, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to serve cheese. I received this delicious recipe from a friend a few years ago and am happy to share it with others. Arline Roggenbuck, Shawano, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bread or Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a quart jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer a third of the cheese,
- peppers, thyme and garlic. Repeat layers twice.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, rosemary, Italian seasoning and
- pepper flakes. Pour into jar; seal and turn upside down. Refrigerate
- overnight, turning several times. Serve with bread or crackers.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without bread or crackers) equals 121 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.