Marinated Lima Bean Salad Recipe
This salad is one of my family's favorites. It tastes even better the next day, after the lima beans have marinated in the dressing.—Sue Thompson, Chester, Maryland
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the lima beans, onion, mushrooms and pimientos. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC