Marinated Lima Bean Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the lima beans, onion, mushrooms and pimientos. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 151 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Marinated Lima Bean Salad
"Wonderfully light, refreshing salad. Easy to put together, just have to plan ahead a bit. Dressing had a great flavor."
"I made it just as the recipe directs. I wouldn't change a thing. Very good!"
"This salad is very good. I chopped the onion and omitted the mushrooms. I used soy beans and added corn as well. Very delicious"