This salad is one of my family's favorites. It tastes even better the next day, after the lima beans have marinated in the dressing.—Sue Thompson, Chester, Maryland
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a serving bowl, combine the lima beans, onion, mushrooms and pimientos. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Lima Bean Salad in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p64
Reviews for Marinated Lima Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review